Statement of Privacy
Information we collect about you
The term ‘personal data or personal information’, means any information that may hint at the identity of the individual. It excludes the anonymous data; which is concerned with the removal of the identity.
- Your name.
- Date of birth
- Job title &profession.
- Contact information
- Demographic information
- Financial information
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected).
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this web site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Details of your visit to the website which may include but is not limited to the url, pages you browsed, their response time and in case you called the customer service; the number you used to do it, page interaction information; clicks, scrolls etc.
- Profile data through the purchases or orders you have made via our website to get an idea of your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communications data include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we make use of your personal data:
We will only use your personal data within the legal framework. Mostly we will use your personal data in the following situation:
- Contacting you in situations where we may need to offer or discuss our services with you
- Using the information used to contact you via email, fax, telephone etc.
- To update our web site for better performance.
- To customize the advertisement of our services in accordance to your interest and preference to ensure effective marketing.
- To carry out the terms of the contract of services we have signed with you beforehand.
- To notify you of any changes we may make in our services and products.
- To gain an insight into the needs of our customers by forming an amalgamation of the information you have provided with other external sources.
- The steps we may take to ensure that our content is being properly presented to you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In case you decide to withdraw your consent for the use of the data collected from you other than for direct marketing communication, you can reach out to us any time in this regard at [email protected].
Third parties with whom we may disclose your personal data:
In some instances, your data may be shared with outside third parties which help us to provide and improve our services. Some of these third parties are listed below:
- LearnWorlds (e-academy) for online examination purpose
- WooCommerce for productivity and internal organisation purposes.
- Google G Suite and Amazon Web Services for storage purposes.
- Stripe and PayPal for payment and invoicing purposes.
- Google Analytics, Facebook, LinkedIn,Twitter for marketing and insight collection purposes
Security of your personal data
Retention of your personal data
Our safety procedures cover the servers where we store the information you provide us. The data we collect is secured by taking high security measures. On your part, you must give the password provided you confidential as it enables you to access private information on the website.
Although we try our best to securitize the personal data provided by you or collect by us, the lack of security on the internet itself may endanger the confidentiality of the transmission of the personal data. Hence, we cannot provide guarantee when it comes to data transmission. Although at our end, we’ll utilize all security features once we receive the personal data you provide us.
Storage period of your personal data
The length of the time for which we will store your data would depend on the necessity of storing it. We will keep your data as long as it takes to fulfil the original reason of collecting it.
Information about your rights regarding your personal data
We usually ask for consent before collecting data if we plan on using it for marketing purposes or disclosing it to third parties. You have the right to deny it at that time or later by contacting us at [email protected] You may also choose to unsubscribe to the mailing list by using the links contained in the marketing emails.
Links to third party websites
We will ask for your consent before we share your personal data with any company outside from Harley Street Institute for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing at [email protected].
Phone: 0800 8600178
Email address: [email protected]
Address: 10 Harley Street London, W1g 9pf